Sunday 12 October 2014

Autumn Lipstick Picks- HIGH STREET



I absolutely love autumn AND makeup... so it only seems right to write a little summin' summin'! 

A dark, berry lip colour is perfect for this time of year. It not only echoes the autumnal leaves and the beginning of Christmas, but is also quite... sexy! Whenever I put one of these lipsticks on I instantly feel more va-va-voom and the blue undertone in all of these products brings out the whiteness in your teeth (which is always good)! Another reason why I love all of these products is because, I believe, they compliment my hair and eye colour and bring out the warmth in my skin tone.

I'm going to use the image from above as a reference for the rest of my post- starting from the left to the right. 

1. Sleek- Cherry (No.790)

This is a very deep red tone, in some lights it is quite pinky, but still quite earthy and rich. The main reason I bought this product was because I misplaced my MAC 'Russian Red' lipstick. Although I loved that lipstick dearly, it was VERY drying (due to its matte formula). I couldn't afford to spend too much on a replacement, so when I was in my local Boots I decided to look at the Sleek collection as I've been impressed with the price and quality with other products in the past. 
My lips get quite dry at this time of year (like a lot of people)... so I would advise applying a lip balm before this lipstick. Don't get me wrong... this is moisturising but it does dry quite quickly and when having a sip of drink, for example, it transfers easily. It does tend to bleed as well, so wear a lip liner and apply with a brush.

2. L'Oreal: Color Riche- Cassis Passion (No.376)

First of all... the packaging is sooooo pretty. The formula is very moisturising with a slight sheen It also has incredible staying power. It is a rich pink shade, so is a good transition colour from summer to autumn because it still has some vibrancy and punch like those summery neon shades yet is also sumptuous and sexy. 

3. Rimmel: Starry-Eyed (128)

This lipstick is the more purple toned one out of the bunch. Similar to Cassis Passion, it is sweetly scented and reminds me of a mixture between candy floss and Christmas?! From personal experience I would suggest applying two layers of this lipstick, not only will it increase its longevity but it will also make the colour 'POP' a lot more!


4.  Rimmel: Apocalypse- Eclipse (No.304)

I know this isn't a 'classic' lipstick but the formula dries to a lipstick finish although initially appearing as quite glossy. The applicator makes it so easy to put on, amazing precision, creating a perfectly sculpted lip. I believe this is one of the newer shades in the line along side the new matte ones. It does to tend to transfer but personally... I think its worth it. 


Speak soon
Isabel x


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© isabel's insight | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig