Thursday 30 October 2014

Halloween Series: 'Va-va-voom Vampire' Make-up look

This is the final addition to my Halloween Series! I have really enjoyed doing it but I am also aware that the make-up looks I have done previously are quite time consuming. Therefore, I wanted to post a make-up look that is simpler, quicker and with products that are more accessible and have a sexier finish! My gorgeous friend Amy kindly agreed to model this look for me... so, let's jump right in!





STEP ONE


I cleansed and moisturised Amy's skin with my Garnier: 'Micellar Cleansing Water' and Simple: 'Vital Vitamin Day Cream'. Once the moisturiser had soaked in I applied Rimmel: 'Lasting Finish- 25 Hour' foundation all over her face. I then used Collection: 'Lasting Perfection' (Fair, 1) concealer under her eyes to help with brightness and Maybelline: 'Cover Stick' (Vanilla, 02) on any blemishes or redness. I then set this with Rimmel: 'Clear Complexion' powder and added a slight contour under the cheek bones, on the temples and upper forehead with Accessorize: 'Baked Bronzer Duo' (this was only for sculpting, not to 'bronze'). I didn't apply any blush to the cheeks because I still wanted a more ghostly, pale look about the skin. I still added some highlighter onto the top of the cheek bones and brow bone, as this look is still supposed to be a bit glam!

STEP TWO


I applied several layers of Maybelline: 'Color Tattoo' (Metallic Pomegranate, 70), which is a plum coloured cream eyeshadow. I blended lots in-between each application. Not only is it absolutely beautiful and easy to blend but it also increases the longevity of powder eyeshadows (which means they won't budge as easily if you're dancing the night away)!


STEP THREE


I then grabbed my trusty Urban Decay: 'Naked 2' palette. I applied 'Tease' (a muted purply-mushroom shade) onto the outer corner and crease and blended this in to the cream eyeshadow. I then added 'Busted' which is a shimmery dark brown shade onto the same area and blended. I also popped it on the lower lash line, but focusing on the outer corner for a 'wider-eyed' effect. 


STEP FOUR


Once all of the other colours were nicely blended I added to the sexy smokiness with 'Blackout', a matte black shade. I folded a piece of tissue in half and placed the edge against the eye to create a straight line (the outer corner of the eye to the end of the eyebrow is always a good guideline). I wanted there to be a defined wing, but still softly blended. Like the dark brown, I applied the black to the outer corner of the lower lash line and blended them together.

STEP FIVE


Then I moved onto eyeliner. I applied black, pencil eyeliner onto the water and tight line, I also brought the soft pencil onto the lash line and slightly below, once again focusing on the outer corner, and smudged it. After that, I picked up my Collection: '24 Hour Felt-tip Liner' and drew a reasonably thick line on the top lash line, flicking it out on to outer corners.

STEP SIX


I then applied several coats of Maybelline: 'The Colossal, Go Extreme Volume!' mascara to her naturally, long, curled lashes (the lucky bugger). And that was the eye make-up complete!


STEP SEVEN


LIPS TIME! I applied Sleek: 'Cherry' (No.790) all over the lip, using a lip brush for precision and then straight from the stick for colour intensity. 


STEP EIGHT


I then applied Rimmel: Starry Eyed (No.128), using a lip brush, onto the outer corners of the lips and blended the deep red and purple together. I went over this quite a few times so all of the colours were vibrant but still nicely blended.


STEP NINE


I then picked up a small paint brush and some fake blood and dripped the blood from the corners of Amy's mouth. We were going to use some fangs but we had a bit of a disaster, so feel free to add them but it still looks vampire-like as it is!


That's the finished look! 
Here are some more photos for you...







I hope you have an amazing Halloween and my 'Halloween Series' has helped you out! 

Speak soon!
Isabel x










Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© isabel's insight | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig