Friday 21 November 2014

PRODUCT REVIEW: Revlon- 'Photoready': Perfecting Primer


Here is another product review for you! As you are probably well aware, it is approaching Christmas and the party season. This means that we will most likely be going out a lot more and need our make-up to last as long as possible. I love my current foundation, Rimmel: Lasting Finsih 25 hr (No.100, Ivory), it lasts for a very long time on my skin and doesn't dry it out. However, this post isn't focusing on foundation, but a primer.  Having a clean, smooth base before adding make-up will increase the longevity of the make-up and will also make your skin appear more 'airbrushed' as the products applied afterwards will glide across the skin and not sink as deeply into your pores and attach to dry patches of skin, so overall, allowing an easier, more flawless application. 


The primer I have been trying out recently is the Revlon- 'Photoready': Perfecting Primer. 


Packaging

The packaging is quite simplistic, which I feel makes it appear more chic, this is shown throughout the majority of Revlon products. The pump on top is easy to use and creates little-no mess. 

Price

I have been put off in the past, like quite a few of my friends at the price of this product, it retails at just under £12. I never thought it would be worth the money and always went for the cheaper ones, for example Maybelline: Baby Skin. However, this product completely freaked my skin out so I didn't use it again. I thought that this may be due to the quality of the product which quite often relates to the price. Anyway, enough about Baby Skin... the Perfecting Primer is more expensive so I thought it would probably work a bit better than cheaper ones I'd used yet still not breaking the bank/ indulging into high end brands. I must say, it is worth the money!

Longevity

Although you can use this product alone (it will reduce the visibility of pores), I personally have always worn it underneath foundation, or at least a bit of concealer. Ever since I started using it I have noticed a difference in the texture/look of my skin with make-up on. I have spot prone skin and dry patches and my make-up used to cling to those areas and made me feel quite self-conscious at times, this was also due to the fact that I was setting my make-up and concealed spots with powder which would emphasise the dry areas. I do still powder my face but paired with this primer, the dryness isn't as prominent. I also apply this primer onto my eye lids (I don't know if you're supposed to or not but... it worked for me!). I have had issues in the past with eyeshadow creasing and my eyeliner transferring into my crease slightly. I know you can buy eyeshadow primers but I don't really have the money to be perfectly honest, hence why I popped this primer all over my face! My eyeshadow no longer creases and my eyeliner no longer transfers! Even after a night out where I've been getting a bit hot after having a good 'ld dance.. my make-up has been in pretty good tact! 

Overall, I'm loving this product and I will definitely be repurchasing it once this pot is empty! If you're ever going to buy a primer I would say now is the time... you won't want your make-up slipping down your face at a Christmas/New Year party! 


Hope this has helped!
Speak soon
Isabel x
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© isabel's insight | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig