Friday 24 October 2014

Halloween Series: 'Scary Cheshire Cat' Make-up

Here is look number two of my Halloween Series, modelled by my gorgeous friend Remy! This is just my interpretation, so feel free to add more colour, may be even some yellow contact lenses if you really want to get into the Halloween spirit! 


Keep reading to see how I did it!

STEP ONE


After, cleansing and moisturising Remy's skin I applied a think layer of Rimmel: 'Match Perfection' foundation (100 Ivory), Collection concealer (Fair-1) under the eyes and on any blemishes and set that with Rimmel: 'Clear Complexion' Powder.


STEP TWO


Then I moved onto the eyes. I dusted a light shade of pink from my MUA 'Glitter Ball' palette all over the eyelids. I did this just so the other eyeshadows would blend better. 

STEP THREE


Using yet another MUA palette (Poptastic), I applied 'Shocking Pink' and 'Cherry Sour' all over the lid, building up the colour gradually, blending each layer. 

STEP FOUR


I then added 'Electric Purple' from the same palette, but only on the outer corner and crease. I found that this was too light but the shimmer looked pretty, so applied Shade 2 (a dusty purple) from my Revlon: Colorstay palette (583- Exotic) over the same area, blending these two shades together. This adds more definition to the eye. I brought these two shades onto the bottom lash line as well, making sure the colour connected to the 'wing' I had created on the eye lid. 

STEP FIVE 


Once I had finished blending, I applied 'Blackout' from my Urban Decay: Naked 2 palette. I found something with a straight edge (a piece of kitchen towel was the closest) and placed it at the angle I wanted the main 'wing' to be. The easiest way to do this is to line the outer corner of the eye with the end of your eyebrow. I then just dabbed the black eyeshadow on to the lid, crease and 'wing' and blended slightly to soften the line.

STEP SIX 


I grabbed my trusty Collection: 24 Hour Felt-tip Liner and did a normal 'winged eyeliner' on the upper lash line, but also brought it onto the lower lash line and connected the lines at each end. I extended the line slightly past the tear duct as well to create a more feline appearance. 

STEP SEVEN


I then echoed the shape (as best I could) onto the other eye. This does take some time... just remember, your eyes are sisters- not twins! 

STEP EIGHT



Using the eye shadows from earlier, I added the darker purple to the outer most parts of Remy's face... so the top of the forehead, under the chin, and under the cheek bones as a slight contour. I blended this like crazy and then added the lighter pink shades and then a shimmery white. You basically want a gradual fade from dark to light, making sure each colour is blended into the other. 
I also used the dark purple shade and 'Blackout' down the sides of Remy's nose to make it look more 'cat like'. 

STEP NINE


Using the eyeliner from before, I just added a little black nose and 'Electric Purple' to tie in the purple theme.

STEP TEN


This is optional, but I applied some false eyelashes, the Eylure 'Exaggerate' (No. 145). These are effective as they wing out, therefore echoing and emphasising the eyeshadow and eyeliner.

STEP ELEVEN


Once again, I took my eyeliner pen and roughly sketched out the shape of the big, creepy smile. I then grabbed my black face paint by Snazaroo and filled in the mouth, goes back in with the eye liner to neaten the edges and make it as symmetrical as I could.



STEP TWELVE


Teeth time! I used a sharpened, white eyeliner pencil to mark out where I wanted the teeth to be and then filled them in with some white Snazaroo face paint!

And that is the finished look!


Speak soon!
Isabel x



  

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© isabel's insight | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig