Tuesday 30 September 2014

MY SEPTEMBER BEAUTY FAVOURITES!


These are my September beauty favourites...they seem to have covered multiple areas of beauty too! YAY!

SKINCARE

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water


I used to spend aaaages taking my make-up off with a face wipe and always found that my skin felt tight and my eyes stung slightly. Despite the intense eye rubbing I still found residue make-up left around my eyes in the morning. This probably meaning I had also missed some facial make-up somewhere (my poor pores)! But since discovering this product it has made my night time routine a lot easier... and less painful! All I do is pour some on to a cotton wool ball (or pad) and press onto my eyes (closed of course) and leave it there to soak in a tad to loosen the make-up, then wipe. I repeat this until all of the make-up has gone. I then carry on with this method but wipe my face and neck. It leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean, without any irritation and also removes water proof make-up really easily.

MAKE-UP

'Chopper' - Urban Decay: Naked 2 Palette


I can't even describe how much I love this eyeshadow! It is a beautiful, shimmery, goldy-bronze shade. It is extremely versatile, I use it day and night. 
During the day time I apply a light wash all over my lid and then add a lighter, champagne shade into the inner corner of my eye and apply several layers of mascara. To bring the look into night time I add a dark brown to the outer corner and smoke it out, then apply some black eyeliner and create a  flick! It is perfect for clubbing...when the light hits it, it looks blummin' b-e-a-utiful! I also love this shade because it is perfect for the autumn season! I have paired this eye shadow with a warm, berry toned lipstick before and it looked awesome...so I'm sure I will be recreating that look in October and beyond! 

Benefit 'They're Real!' Push Up Gel Eyeliner


I won't write about this for too long as there is a more in-depth review in my previous post. I still thought it was worth a mention, because it really is AMAZING! I have used it almost every day since I bought it at the beginning of the month and it hasn't disappointed me once! It makes my life much easier in the mornings when I'm doing my makeup, a lot less faff basically! It hasn't dried out at all and I'm pretty sure that there is still a lot left in the container. Lovely jubbly! 

Maybelline New York: The Colossal- GO EXTREME VOLUME! Mascara



So, this is the mascara I mentioned earlier (the one I like to use when I wear 'Chopper'). Firstly, I curl my lashes... this makes a HUGE difference to my lashes and the effect that the mascara gives them at the end. What I like to do is to use my hair dryer to heat the eye lash curlers slightly before curling, like a hair curler, the heat will make the curl last longer. Once the curling is done I add one layer of the mascara, making sure i wiggle from the root. I then leave this to dry and then add another layer. This mascara has a massive wand, which helps create the volume. Although it is large, the product is still evenly distributed and therefore isn't clumpy on the lashes, which is where I've had issues with other volumising mascaras. I think the packaging is also pretty darn cool too!

HAIR

Schwarzkopf: got2b POWDER'ful (Volumising Styling Powder)


I stumbled across this product by accident and instantly fell in love with it. Long story short, my friend coloured my hair and the conditioner made my hair soooo soft that I couldn't do anything with it! So, she suggested I back comb my hair a little and then add this to the roots. I mean, I usually do this anyway when I want volume...but use hairspray instead. Ever since that day I haven't '
hair sprayed'! I do worry sometimes that I have missed a bit when I'm rubbing the powder in... my hair is dark and this product is white... not a good mix really! All I would say is that a little goes a long way... I found out the hard way when loooooads flew out the top and made my hair REALLY sticky! But still, I love it and it gives my hair the boost it needs on those 'newly washed hair' days.

FRAGRANCE 

Zara - 'Femme' Eau de toilette (100ml)


I have had this fragrance for a while, this one actually being a re-purchase. But as I have only been blogging this month, I thought it was still appropriate to include it, even if it has been a favourite for a few months! I have quite a few fragrances, most of which are quite sweet, with a couple more sophisticated scents, like my Roberto Cavalli (in the gold packaging) and Calvin Klein, Euphoria. This fragrance by Zara, I believe, sits in the middle. It is quite sweet, with a dominant vanilla scent. But some how it isn't sickly...? I would say it is my signature fragrance and I have had quite a few compliments when I'm wearing it. All I would say is that it doesn't last incredibly long on my skin, but for £10 or so I can deal with re-applying!  


Speak soon
Isabel x


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© isabel's insight | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig