Saturday 23 January 2016

‘Free-From’ Chocolate Ice Cream

Hi Everyone,


 Welcome back! I have another delicious recipe for you.
As some of you may know, I don’t really have a sweet tooth. When ice cream is on the scene it’s another story. However, since I haven’t been eating dairy I have been having a bit of an issue- funnily enough! I know there are brands out there that do sell 'dairy free' ice cream but it’s much more expensive and frankly, I can’t afford it right now. I have done some research and have created this delicious, chocolaty ice cream which is also vegan, dairy free and gluten free! 



You will need:

Food Processor or Blender
Sharp Knife
Measuring Spoons
Sealable Tub
Spatula


Ingredients: 
6 Bananas (Ripe bananas are better as they are sweeter but I personally don’t like the taste!)
½ Cup Almond Milk
1 ½ Cups Cacao Powder 
1 ½ Tbsp Agave Nectar or Honey (Do this to taste!)
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
Pinch of Salt

Step One
Put all of the ingredients into a food processor and blend until a smooth, creamy paste is formed. If you don’t have one then use a blender, however, add the ingredients in batches as it may have some issue due to the think texture.

Step Two
Pour the mixture into a plastic tub and put it in the freezer for at least 3 hours.

You’re done! Enjoy this with lots of different toppings, for example, crushed hazelnuts, peanut butter, strawberries… the list is endless. 


I hope you enjoy!

Isabel x
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© isabel's insight | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig