Wednesday 22 October 2014

Rimmel: 'Provocalips' Review

I love a good ol' bold lip pretty much all year round but I am always dubious about the longevity of the lip product. I worry constantly, thinking it has rubbed off, gone all dry and flakey, or smudged across my face! So, when I saw the advert on telly for the new 'Provocalips' lip range by Rimmel I was rather intrigued to say the least. Me being me... I went, quite swiftly, to my local Superdrug and bought one to try out...of course it was a deep, berry tone! (550- 'Play With Fire' to be more precise). 

The Review

Packaging 


I don't really know what to say... it looks slightly childish but quite clearly separates the two ends and successfully shows the colour of the product. 


The product is split into two halves, the vibrant colour on one end and a balm on the other. Each having a spongey applicator. Both of which are easy to access.

Application 

Due to the sponge applicator, the product glides onto the lips very easily and with great precision. Quite a lot does come out on to the applicator so I would advice wiping excess off as a little does go a long way and it could get rather messy, especially with such a vibrant colour (I'm speaking from experience...oops!) Like I said before, there are two steps to this product. You firstly apply the colour but then have to wait a minute or so for it to set and dry, preferably with your lips parted. Once it has dried you then add the balm! Easy!

Longevity

Right then... this is the important section! THIS DOES NOT BUDGE! When I was testing this I didn't reapply at all throughout the day and I drank and ate as usual. The product claims to last 16 hours... I mean I wasn't awake for that long but through the duration I was awake, I wasn't disappointed. When I drank a cup of tea there wasn't any transfer onto the mug and when I ate, it didn't smudge. All of my family were just as shocked as I was... I really didn't believe it would last as long as it did! However, I would say that it does dry throughout the day, so keep it with you if you're out and about so you can use the balm. 
It is quite 'interesting' to get off at the end of the day though... I was sat on my bed for at least 5 minutes with a cotton wool pad drenched in my Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water, scrubbing it away, whilst my Dad laughed at me. Even so, it was worth the faff and I am VERY impressed!

Price

This retails at £6.99! I definitely don't mind paying that for this product... I will be popping back to the shops to gather the majority of the collection, along side a few for some family members that I have raved about it too! 





Here are some pictures of me wearing it... I would say though, it is a darker red than it appears in this photo!

I hope this is helpful!

Speak soon
Isabel x

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© isabel's insight | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig