Thursday 21 January 2016

Tasty Thai Turkey Burgers

Hi Everyone,

I absolutely love the Thai cuisine. It is all so flavoursome and can also be incredibly simplistic to incorporate into everyday eating.
 I first had Thai turkey burgers at my ex-boyfriend’s house years ago and have loved them ever since. I re-created them at home with what I thought was inside them and they tasted pretty darn good (if I do say so myself) and have been making them ever since- a definite family favourite (especially when barbequed!)
(Serves 4)
You will need
Sharp Knife
Food Processor
Mixing Bowl

Ingredients
(400g) Turkey Mince
1 Large Onion
2 Garlic Cloves
1 Thai Red Chilli
Small Handful of Fresh Coriander
1 Lime (Zest)
Season with Salt & Pepper 

Step One
Roughly chop the onion and put it into the food processor alongside the garlic, chilli, coriander, lime zest, salt and pepper. Blend.




Step Two
In a separate bowl add the turkey mince and the paste that you’ve just created. Get your hands in there and mix it all together.


Step Three
Separate the mixture and make little burgers. Pop them on a tray or plate and put them in the fridge for half an hour or so if you’re cooking them that day.


Step Four
Heat a frying or griddle pan with a little bit of coconut oil and cook them on a medium heat for about 5 minutes on each side. Make sure the burger is piping hot in the centre before you eat it!


(I have paired mine with a mixture of quinoa, brown rice and some steamed broccoli. The burgers are so versatile. I love them with salad, sweet potato chips or even broken up and put on top of a homemade pizza!)

I hope you enjoy this lean, protein filled, yummy burger!

Love
Isabel x



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© isabel's insight | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig