Friday 8 January 2016

Hello 2016!

Hi Everyone,


HAPPY NEW YEAR! 




I know that I have been absent for a while and my posts are rather irregular- in all honesty I had just lost confidence in my abilities and the effects of stress/anxiety and time management got the better of me. However, I am now fully fuelled to post more regularly with varied content, I hope you enjoy!

You may have noticed that my blog looks rather different- one of the things I found demotivating was the appearance of my blog, I didn't feel as if it reflected my design interests anymore and found it frustrating to navigate. Therefore, I have updated the overall layout and look of my blog and made sure everything is easy to access. I am in the process of fully personalising it but this will be fine and dandy for now!

This is going to be a little reflection section (ooo it rhymes). 2015 has been one of the most challenging, life changing, negative yet very, very positive years of my life. I feel as if I have grown up a lot and been given more respect and love than I ever have before. 

This time last year I started my first full time job where I get to work with the most lovely, supportive and crazy team- some true and long term friends have been made for sure. 

I also made the decision to remove gluten and dairy from my diet (as much as possible) after reading 'Eat. Nourish. Glow' by Amelia Freer (I now have her new book 'Cook. Nourish. Glow.' too- I'm super excited). I have written about my reasons in a previous post which I will link below. I have continued this diet change and it has been very rewarding- not only have I lost weight, I just know my body is thanking me. I no longer feel sluggish, bloated and my stomach doesn't churn. 

This brings me very nicely to my next reflection- Herbalife. I am well and truly living the Herbalife life. It all began with a little Herbalife SKIN Results Kit from one my old school friend's Dad (a truly inspiring and lovely man). The SKIN range hadn't been out very long and as my friend knew I was interested in beauty and ultimately sorting out my skin. She then recommended I try the new products out- I have never looked back (I have an in-depth post on some of the SKIN range and my results). This set a spark off inside me to fully get my body and mind into a more positive state and I wouldn't have been able to do it without the help and support from the Herbalife products (my collection keeps growing- from more skincare to gym attire, from shakes to herbal teas) and the overall community behind it- a large group of people, on a journey, striving to help everyone achieve their goals and lead a 'healthy, active lifestyle'. I'm so excited to see how much my body composition can change this year- I have lots planned to keep myself focused and motivated to be in the best shape possible and finally be happy with the way I look and feel. 

2015 was challenging in regards to relationships too- with my parents splitting up at the end of 2014, a relationship breakup in the Spring and family illness throughout the entire year. I must give myself some credit. I have kept increasingly positive and managed my anxiety a lot better than previous years. It has been tough but definitely good. Everything that has happened was for a good reason and I can see how much better off I am with some other these alterations and challenges. I am a lot more independent, I stand up for myself, I strive to be as good as I can be but also accept when I do feel crappy and need a break. I feel a sense of empowerment which I haven't had before. 

The latter part of the year was by far my favourite. Spending more time with family and friends (making new ones), being given more responsibility at work, lots of celebrations and a new relationship. I also had the privilege of being a runner at a 'Matt Hampson Foundation' charity event where I met some of the world's greatest rugby players, including Jonny Wilkinson, who were there to support and raise money for the Foundation. Soon after that I also took the plunge and got my first tattoo and will be getting some more next month! (There will be related posts to follow). 

I have lots of plans for this new year and I can't wait to action them. I am so so thankful to everybody that has supported me and encouraged my personal development. I'm super excited for what this year holds and I hope to bring positivity to those around me too!!

So, THANK YOU to my amazing friends, family and boyfriend for making me so very incredibly happy. I love you all to pieces!

With lots of love 

Isabel xx

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© isabel's insight | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig