Saturday 9 January 2016

Chocolate & Peanut Butter Protein Balls

Hi Everyone,


I tend to get peckish midmorning and afternoon and I need to have a little something to satisfy my hunger until the next meal time. Something protein based is really good for slow release energy. Although I have more of 'savoury tooth' I do like a bit of chocolate now and again and I love peanut butter (Reese's Pieces are just dreamy). However, I wanted to create something that had a similar flavour but was much more nutritious, would give me energy and be cost effective in comparison to buying protein bars in the shops. So I did some research and food shopping and this is what I have created! (They have been tried and tested on my friends and family-I haven't had any negative response so far!)



You will need: 
Food Processor
Sharp Knife
Baking Sheet
Baking Parchment

Ingredients:
Organic Cruchy Peanut Butter (1 Cup)
Porridge Oats (I used gluten free) (1 Cup)
Chia Seeds (2 Tbsp)
Organic Dark Chocolate (1/2 Cup
Dates (Meduel Dates are best- I didn't have any this time and they are still yummy) (1 Cup)


Step 1:
Cut up the chocolate and dates into smaller pieces and then
blend all of the ingredients together, adding water gradually to change the consistency. It needs to be reasonably sticky so you can roll them into balls later on. Add more of the dry ingredients if its too wet and more water if it isn't binding. 


Step 2:
Line a baking tray with baking parchment and roll the mixture into bite size pieces. 


Step 3:
Put the balls in the fridge for half an hour to let them set. 


Step 4:
EAT!


I hope you enjoy these balls of yumminess! 

Speak soon
Isabel xx






Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© isabel's insight | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig