Thursday 29 October 2015

Halloween Series- Creepy Clown


Hi Everyone,

It is finally that time of year again where I can bring out the face paint! Halloween is looming and I have a couple of make-up looks to hopefully inspire your costume decisions! I have decided this year that I wanted the looks to be more accessible. 

Here is look number one, a creepy clown, modelled by my gorgeous friend Remy...





STEP ONE



Start with a clean face and remove any oil from the skin so the paint stays on better later on. Simply do a normal skin base using, foundation, concealer and powder. Then contour your cheeks more than you would usually to give the effect of rounder cheeks (like a clown). The easiest method of this, personally, is by sucking your cheeks in like a fish! 

STEP TWO




Using a bright coloured eye shadow (I chose pink), apply this with a damp eyeshadow brush on the the inner-mid part of your eyelid. (Dampening the brush will increase the pigmentation and intensity of the colour). 

STEP THREE




Pat some black eyeshadow onto the outer corner or the eye and eyelid crease (feel free to wing this out as much as you want but I wanted to keep the eyes looking as round as possible). And with a fluffy blending brush, blend these colours together. Don't worry too much as this look isn't supposed to be refined, it's Halloween! 

STEP FOUR




With a felt tip liner (or any black, liquid liner you have), create an extended flick running across the lash line.

STEP FIVE



Bring this liner underneath the eye too and down past the tear duct. 


STEP SIX



Now for the clown-esque detailing. Put a tiny dot above each eyebrow as to where you want the triangle points to be. Then draw a triangle and fill it in. I kept adjusting it, so just go with it really!


STEP SEVEN




Apply, quite a dramatically, a different colour eyeshadow under the eyes. I blended a couple together but I wanted the lines to stand out also.

STEP EIGHT





Then, once again using your trusty eyeliner draw a smaller triangle underneath the eye. I also added some glittery, blue dots onto each point and popped on some mascara.

STEP NINE






Map out the mouth using the eyeliner and either fill in the lips with a black lipstick (which I couldn't find) or black face paint. With a very thin painting brush create lines either side of the mouth and an enhanced cupid's bow- I went for triangular to keep with the theme but I think a heart shape would look good too. And then draw on a nose.

STEP TEN





Once that has dried, get a small amount of white face paint and put a little dot on the nose and mouth to make the look more animated. 

STEP ELEVEN





It's collar time! Using a wide-ish brush (I used a Real Techniques Foundation Brush) to make stripes down the neck and onto the chest. 

STEP TWELVE





As you can see, I changed the shape at the end of the stripes, so just play around with them really.

STEP THIRTEEN





Using a black liner or face paint, outline the collar and make it look more cartoon like. I did add some black eyeshadow here and there to make it all stand out more against Remy's skin. 

ALL DONE! 

Here are some posed shots for yah!







Thanks for reading!

Here are some make-up related links to my 'Halloween Series' from last year:

Cracked Doll Face:

Scary Cheshire Cat:

Zombie:

Skeleton:

Vampire:




Love from
Isabel x


Share:

1 comment

  1. Soooo cooool You did it great!

    http://anna-alina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

© isabel's insight | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig