Tuesday 16 December 2014

Sparkly Purple Party Make-up!

I love this time of year as it gives me an excuse to wear sparkles! I wanted to create an affordable, simple make-up look that can be worn to a Christmas or New Years celebration. Like I said, I love a bit of sparkle, so this look has multiple glittery products, but of course feel free to calm it down...but really, when else can you go a  bit crazy with make-up if it isn't now! You may recognise my beautiful friend Alex, she modelled one of my Halloween make-up looks! I specifically chose her for this look as her hair is purple and compliments all of the purple shades I have included on the eyes. So, if you would like to achieve this look or even just get some inspiration...keep reading! 


Alex arrived at my house with her base make-up already applied so I could just crack on with the eye make-up as of course this is the focus. However, if you recreate this make-up look I would advise doing the eye make-up first as the products do tend to fall beneath the eye, therefore on to your face. Oh my... that glitter does not budge easily! In some of the latter pictures you will see some of the eyeshadow just under the eye but we just wiped it away and reapplied concealer. Anyway, let's jump right in!


STEP ONE


I firstly applied shade 2 from the Revlon 583, Exotic palette. This a light purple shade. I popped several layers of this all over the eye lid and slightly above the crease to build up the colour intensity. In the inner corner of the eye I added a light, shimmery champagne eyeshadow to open up the eye more and to add contrast to the smokey tones that appear later on. 

STEP TWO


I then darkened this slightly with a mushroomy coloured eyeshadow, I applied this into the crease to add definition and then blended. 

STEP THREE



I wanted the overall make-up look to have a winged effect so I applied Rimmel: Scandaleyes eyeshadow stick, 006, Paranoid Purple (which is just a dark, shimmery purple) as a guideline. I popped this mainly on the outer corner (still trying to keep the inner corner as light as possible) on both the upper and lower lash line, and smudged it a little.

STEP FOUR



This is where the smokiness really began! I applied a black eyeshadow ('Blackout' from the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette) onto the outer corner, making sure that the wing was still defined and a gradient was obvious from light to dark. I also popped this into the crease, once again for definition. I then blended and blended and blended. Blending softens the colour so I kept reapplying the black until I was happy with the darkness.

STEP FIVE



I brought the darker shades onto the lower lash line as well to make it all that little bit more dramatic. GLITTER TIIIME! Using a damp eyeshadow brush, I dipped the flat side into a black and purple glitter pigment by Barry M (No.23), and patted it all over the eye lid. I did several layers for intensity. I then reapplied the light champagne shade into the inner corner as it was beginning to look a bit dull and popped some onto the brow bone as well. 
Also on the glitter front I grabbed the bright purple Glam Crystals shade from Collection and lined the upper lash line. You could use a normal black eye liner but as the title suggests, 'Sparkly Purple' is the aim!

STEP SIX




Add some lashes... I mean you're going to a party! I just used some massive, voluminous ones, but use whatever you feel comfortable in!

We then tidied up all of the fallout from beneath the eye and added a bit more of a contour to the cheek bones. I wanted the eyes to do all of the talking so we chose a light pinky/peach lipstick to tie everything all together without detracting from the eyes! 



FINISHED
Here are some posed shots!







Hope this has helped!

Speak soon!
Isabel x











Share:

1 comment

© isabel's insight | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig