Thursday 18 December 2014

Mini Yorkshire Pudding- Christmas Canapés!

I know my blog is mainly dedicated to beauty but I am also a food lover and loooove cooking and just creating in general. I absolutely LOVE Yorkshire puddings! I always make them from scratch, but these are usually massive. After chatting to my Mum about what we are going to do for food this Christmas I have been put on to  canapé duty. I have made the mini Yorkshire puddings once before because we had some batter left over from a roast, but they weren't overly Christmasy. So, after thinking very hard *cough* I came up with these classic combinations- Beef and horseradish and turkey and cranberry sauce! I can't even describe how yummy these are and how easy they are to make. You can make massive batches of them too! Anyway, enough blabbering... here they are!! 


(How cute!)


YOU WILL NEED

Ingredients
2 eggs
Plain flour
Milk
Sliced turkey
Sliced beef
Cranberry sauce
Horseradish sauce
Sunflower oil

Equipment
Whisk
Mixing bowl
Jug
2 glasses (same size)
Tin to cook the Yorkshire puddings in


PREHEAT YOUR OVEN TO 180 DEGREES CELSIUS 

STEP ONE


Crack both eggs into one glass.

STEP TWO



Add the plain flour to the other glass until it reaches the same height as  the eggs.

STEP THREE



Tip the flour into the mixing bowl to free up the glass. Fill the glass with milk until it is, once again, at the same height as the eggs. Basically, you want equal quantities of all of the batter
  ingredients.


STEP FOUR



Pour the eggs and milk into the mixing bowl.

STEP FIVE


Whisk all of the ingredients together, getting as much air into the batter as possible.

STEP SIX


Transfer the batter into a jug, this will just make it easier to pour later on but you could just use a ladle. 

STEP SEVEN


Pour a drop of sunflower oil into each section of the tin. Then put this into the preheated oven, the oil needs to get pretty hot before you add the batter.

STEP EIGHT


Meanwhile, tear up the meat into smaller pieces that will fit into the mini Yorkshire puddings. This is so you don't get bored waiting for the oil, you could do this step later.

STEP NINE



Take the tin out over the oven. As quickly (and as carefully) as you can, pour the batter into each section, about 2/3 full. Put them into the oven for about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Keep an eye on them, but try not to open the oven door!

Once they are cooked, they should look a little something like this... (I really want to make some more now and just gobble them up as they are!)


STEP TEN



Leave them to cool slightly or fully and then add the meat!

STEP ELEVEN




Dollop on the sauce of your choice, the beef and horseradish are my favourite but I wanted to inject a bit of Christmas with the classic turkey and cranberry sauce! Of course, you could just eat them as they are without filling them, they are equally as delicious in my opinion... or maybe I just have a Yorkshire pudding obsession (it seems to be heading that way!)



Hope you enjoy!

Speak soon!
Isabel x


Share:

1 comment

  1. Hey! I've nominated you for The Liebster Award as think your blog really deserves it :) This is a great way to discover smaller blogs! More info on what to do in my post here..http://charlykeefe.blogspot.co.uk/
    Life As I Know It
    xx

    ReplyDelete

© isabel's insight | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig