Tuesday 23 September 2014

PRODUCT REVIEW: Benefit 'They're Real!' Push-Up Gel Eyeliner

Liquid eyeliner is a pain in the derriere (to put it politely). No matter how many times I do it, something always goes wrong, whether that be smudging or a lack of symmetry...it just doesn't agree with me! I have been 'rocking' the cat-eye liner look for quite a few years now and have tried a few High Street liners.

MY EYELINER HISTORY

If I cast my mind back to 2008, my first liquid eyeliner was one by 'Miss Sporty', it had a light blue lid and a thin brush to apply a slim line (not that I really achieved this 'slim' and streamline look- it was more like a Sharpie attack!) Although it was troublesome, I proceeded to use it for a couple more years. There was then the release of  'felt tip liners'... this is just what I needed...something simple, quick with great precision. Of course, being a full time student I didn't really have the disposable income to branch out into the wonderful world of high end make up and stuck to the good ol' High Street, repurchasing  the Collection Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner time and time again... I loved this product. Despite this, it did have the tendency to fade and/or transfer into the crease of my eye throughout the day, so I was constantly checking and wiping that away.
After reading a lot online I discovered the craze of gel eyeliner and bought myself a pot, Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Gel Liner. It definitely had longevity in comparison to the other products I had used previously but I still found it quite fiddly. So, you can imagine the excitement (and relief) when I heard about Benefit's They're Real Push Up Liner! I had put off buying it for a while because of the price, but then I just said to myself, "Foooock it!" and took the plunge and treated myself. HALLELUJAH!

The Review:













LONGEVITY

It has a waterproof formular which means it won't budge easily. I put it on at 9am and it lasts all day until I take it off at 11pm, or even later if I've been out and about, with my Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water. Even when its been humid it hardly fades, yes there have been points where it has but it is still pretty much in tact and waaaaay better than the other eyeliners in those sweaty conditions (kinda gross...sorry).

Tip: You're eyes are delicate (captain obvious strikes again) so I would advise not using a face wipe to take this product off! If you do, you'll be scrubbing for a while and quite aggressively... OUCHIES!

APPLICATION

To access the product you have to twist the bottom section of the packaging and the product comes out of the soft, silicon nib. The first time I used this product it was quite blobby, so I would advice wiping any excess off before applying to the eyelid. I love the angle of the nib as it is already pointed and gives a good guide line to create a flick on the outer corner of the eye, which is my preferred look on myself as it gives an elongated effect to the eye area, making them look more awake and larger. As I've previously mentioned, in the past I have had trouble with symmetry when applying eyeliner, but this product works like a dream! The nib is soft and flexes with application, allowing fluency to the line.



PACKAGING

The packaging is very sophisticated. It is curvaceous, black with orange and white writing. It is a wider cylinder than my previous Collection felt tip liner, it's easier to hold and therefore makes my hand steadier when applying. I love the way you have to twist the product out, it means that the product doesn't dry out, which is what I've found with the pot of gel eyeliner.



PRICE

Yes, this is quite expensive, retailing at £18.50. However, because I use it pretty much everyday and it lasts all day long it is worth the money. I completely understand that quite a lot of people may not be able to afford this product but like the majority of High End products, a cheaper version becomes available on the High Street. Maybelline have just brought out a product which is very similar called 'Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner Pen' which is significantly cheaper, £8.99 in Boots.

Overall, as you can probably tell... I LOVE THIS EYELINER!!! Once this one has finished I will be trying the Maybelline one (saves me some pennies) and I will let you know how I get on with it! Please let me know your opinion on this product and similar ones... I am intrigued!
Speak soon
Isabel x

P.S. Keep up to date through Bloglovin' - <a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12913537/?claim=k37j7ugfedu">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© isabel's insight | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig